I’ve been making french toast for years, it’s easy, quick and delicious. Here’s my favorite recipe with a few extra add-ins other than just the plain milk/egg mixture. Serves 2. Picture below is one portion size.
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 cup of heavy cream
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla almond extract (I used Mannix)
• pinch of cinnamon
• 4 slices of bread (I like brioche, but used just plain white bread because I didn’t have any)
• 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
• pure maple syrup
• fresh fruit (I used strawberries & blueberries)
• sifted confectioners sugar (optional)
– Combine eggs, heavy cream, vanilla almond extract and cinnamon in a bowl.
– Soak bread in the mixture for a minute or so each slice.
– Heat butter in a saute pan over medium/low heat .
– Add the soaked bread and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
– Serve with maple syrup, berries and confectioners sugar & ENJOY! 🙂