I think we all can agree that life gets kind of crazy/hectic sometimes and it’s really important we take a little time to ourselves to relax, calm down and maintain our sanity! Between the lack of money, time, finding a babysitter, etc. sometimes going to a spa for the day isn’t always a possibility. Here are a few tips on how you can treat yourself in the comfort of your own home, your body & mind will definitely thank you! I know I’ve mentioned my love for baths like a thousand times already, but I find a nice warm bath with soothing, relaxing products works wonders and always gives me a “spa experience” at home. 🙂
Lets start off talking about bath “tools” that are totally necessary..
• Bath Pillow – I bought mine a year or so ago from HomeGoods and it’s still in great shape and feels the same as it did the first day I used it. It has suction cups on the back so I don’t constantly have to adjust it and makes such a difference when laying back trying to relax and gives your neck the support it needs.
• ToiletTree Adjustable Bamboo Bathtub Caddy – This is the most convenient thing, it allows you to have everything from soap, lotion, body scrub, a magazine, drink, anything you’d like right at your fingertips. I love having everything right in front of me, and not having to get up for ANYTHING! It’s made of 100% natural eco-friendly bamboo and is great quality so you won’t ever have to worry about replacing it! http://www.toilettreeproducts.com
• JAM Plus Portable Speaker – ANY portable speaker will work just fine. I love playing soothing music while taking a bath, it helps me relax and is definitely something you’d hear if you were at an actual spa. There are tons of free apps that offer spa/relaxing music, so no worries if you’re not sure what to play. My husband bought me the JAM speaker last Christmas, it’s cute & small and has a permanent spot in my bathroom, always charged & ready for bath time!
A few products I’ve been loving that are great for treating your skin & your senses..
• Root Alchemy Purity Face Mask – I am obsessed with face masks. I really think they help “wake up” and reboot our dull skin, while cleaning and fixing our problem skin as well. This one contains french green clay, organic matcha, fullers earth clay, olive lead extract, white willow extract and geranium essential oil. It’s deep cleansing and works wonders on oily skin. 100% natural, pure ingredients. http://www.rootalchemy.com
• Choiselle Bath & Body Oils – Bath oil is great for moisturizing our skin and helping it keep its youthful appearance. Lemongrass, Lavender & Ylang Ylang, I’ve used them all and love them all, Ylang Ylang is my favorite though! I add about 2 teaspoons to warm running bath water, the scent smells just like something you’d find in an upscale spa and will leave your skin SO soft! And best part about it? After your bath is done you can use it as a massage oil… just saying! 😉 http://www.choiselle.com
• Alora Ambiance Room Spray, Soap & Reed Diffuser (Arancia) – As much as I LOVE lighting candles, a reed diffuser is definitely a safer option. I love the arancia set, the combination of orange rind & gardenia is so uplifting and will make the room smell so fresh! Using only 2-3 sprays of the room spray, the room is filled with a “warm” but not overpowering scent perfect for relaxing. I think a lot of people overlook the power of scent, it’s important to find one that you love and Alora Ambiance has SO many options, suitable for everyone! http://www.aloraambiance.com
• Number 4 Hair / Fleurs de Temps Body Lotion – This is my favorite lotion ever ever ever! I am obsessed. The combination of shea butter, jojoba & coconut oil will leave your skin soft, smooth & moisturized. It dries really quick and leaves absolutely NO greasy feeling that lotions often do. I seriously use this lotion constantly, the smell is AMAZING and I cannot get enough of it! http://www.number4hair.com
A few other tips…
• Make a simple DIY body scrub, refer to my last post for a coconut sugar scrub using only 4 ingredients that you probably already have in your house.
• A DIY hair mask is a great option as well, I love the combination of avocado, coconut oil & honey!
• And while you’re treating your skin & hair, enjoy a glass of lemon water or other detoxifying water, it will keep you hydrated & offers a ton of benefits!
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog and I do not receive monetary compensation for any of my product reviews. All reviews are based on my own opinion, personal use and results.