For the longest time, I was the person who would grab every single personal care product, piece of clothing, pair of shoes, any other unnecessary item you could think of and find a huge suitcase and over pack! I’d use probably about half of what I packed, end up having more to wash and put away and just overall waste time & space.
I’ve managed to find my newest travel companion, the LiteGear Mobile Pro. It can be carried 5 different ways, has a space for everything and really is the ultimate bag to keep you organized. It’s the perfect size for a weekend trip and meets the airline specifications as a carry on which is huge with me. I’ve had my bags lost once after checking them in, so I’ve only brought a carry on since. The bag is expandable by 35% should you need more room. It offers separate pockets for different items such as your laptop, phone, water bottle, etc. What sold me on this bag? The fabric is made from post-consumer recycled plastic bottles. Eco-friendly, I love it.
Here are are few “travel tips” from a mom of 2 who just wants to bring the essentials, be physically able to carry everything I need, and get to my destination in one piece without having to carry a huge 50 lb. bag of unneeded items! I hope one or more of these help you pack more efficiently, leave the extra stuff at home and enjoy your getaway!
- ONLY bring travel sized items. Ask for samples at Sephora, they’re usually generous.
- Pack fragile items (foundations, perfumes) wrapped inside clothing to keep it from breaking.
- Pack your pillowcase to keep things sanitary.
- ALWAYS put makeup/shampoo/toothpaste in ziplock bags to avoid potential breakage.
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them, this saves SO much space.
- Put shoes in a plastic bag to avoid getting your clean clothes dirty.
- Place a dryer sheet in the bottom of your bag to keep your clothes smelling fresh.
- Bring additional plastic bags to throw dirty clothes in to avoid mixing the clean with the dirty.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog and I do not receive monetary compensation for any of my product reviews. All reviews are based on my own opinion, personal use and results.